[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Install Problem

Bill Klintoe fourthirtysix at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 19:28:01 CET 2004

Hello, I have been re-reading the install instructions
and scouring the mailing list for help with an install
problem.

When I go to http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup I
get the following error:
-----
HTTP Status 404 - /opencms/ocsetup
type Status report
message /opencms/ocsetup

description The requested resource (/opencms/ocsetup)
is not available.
-----

Tomcat works perfectly, I tested the sample scripts.
OpenCMS deployed and unpacked itself in the webapps
directory after I dropped the war file there.

I noticed it did not create a web.xml which I thought
was strange. When it didn't work, I grabben the
web.xml file from CVS but got these errors:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsSessionManager

in the tomcat logs. I have my paths set at:

JAVA_HOME=c:\java\jdk
CATALINA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.0

seems that I can't get the webapp to respond, even
when I create a web.xml file from CVS.

Can anyone help? Thank you!