[opencms-dev] Release version history?

Mark Belanger belanger at fluid.com
Sun Feb 22 21:19:01 CET 2004

Accidentally sent the previous note.  Let's try that again...

I posted an earlier note about integrated the KTML3 editor with OpenCMS,
but didn't receive a response.  We desperately need CSS support within
the editor and the 5.0.1 version is unusable for that purpose.

I did notice the following post from Alex not too long ago:

" The changes in 5.3.2 (compared to 5.3.1) are:

  ! Improved dialogs for MS DHTML editor implemented in JSP
  ! New editor plugin API for adding alternative editors
  ! OpenCms now features a build in search facility based on LuceneFolks,
  <snip>"

We're keenly interested in the plugin API.  However, I'm a bit puzzled
by how release versions are handled.  According to the site, 5.0.1 is
the latest stable release.  Does this mean that 5.1.X, 5.2.X and 5.3.X
are all developer branches?  If so, is the next stable release going to
be 6.0?

Thanks,
-MB
Mark Belanger - belanger at fluid.com