[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Features

Daniel López D.Lopez at uib.es
Tue Feb 24 13:44:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I've been playing and evaluating OpenCMS and I have some questions
regarding some features I might have overlooked. I haven't seen them
mentioned anywhere in the docs and I don't know if they will be there in
the upcoming version 6. So, does it have...
.- Restricting templates per folder/"type" of folder. Management wants
to restrict specifically which documents are entered into some of the
folders so users can just enter a certain type of documents and in a
certain number.
.- Having documents in different languages to create multi-lingual
sites. I don't mean replicating the structure in another tree folder but
  having one structure and handling documents as one entity with
multiple views. It could also be used to generate different views (e.g.
text-only for blinded people)
.- Authentication/Authorization API: We already have usernames/passwords
defined inside our organizacion. So, if possible, we would like to be
able to plug these already built system in, through some API, instead of
replicating identity. I know it could be done, somehow, at the SQL level
but I'd rather have a formal API.

We are trying to evaluate if we could adapt OpenCMS to these and other
requirements, and how much effort it would require.

Thanks for any insight!