[opencms-dev] Opencms install on host server: help me!

Maurizio Betti m.betti at arsweb.it
Wed Feb 25 20:07:01 CET 2004

Hy,

I asked to change the http.conf, so now it's ok. But if I try to call
http://host/opencms/index.jsp I receive the follow:

HTTP Status 404 - Not Found
type Status report

message Not Found

description The requested resource (Not Found) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

like openCms servlet doesn't process the request. Why? Please note that if
I (voluntary) change the file.encoding in the opencms.properties file and
try to recall the same page I receive the follow:

-------------------------------------------------------------------  ERROR

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Trouble creating the com.opencms.core.CmsObject. Please check the root
cause for more information.

         at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:248)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
         at
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:466)
         at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:585)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.Exception: OpenCms startup failure: System file.encoding
'ISO8859_1' not equal to OpenCms encoding 'UTF8'
         at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.(OpenCms.java:211)
         at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:242)
[...]

So, It seems OpenCms is OK.

Please help me!

Regards, Maurizio Betti