[opencms-dev] Newbie - getting started with OpenCms - modules

Krista Alsti alsti at reaktor-i.com
Fri Feb 27 12:25:01 CET 2004

Hi all,

As I have understood, a new website can be created as a module (am I right?)
At the moment I'm using OpenCms at my localhost so in the future the whole
site is going to be replaced to some server).

So far I have created a new module to system/modules/myModule/. Some folders
are automatically created, some I added manually.

templates folder - I added my  mastertemplate here
jsptemplates foder - my jsptemplates
resources folder - I added javascripts and css-styles and basic images like
1_1_px.gif
(should all editable images go here: /system/galleries/pics/myImages?)

The one thing which I don't understand is where to put html pages (which I
create by using my templates?)
Should they be put under system/modules/my_module/? or under /myWebSite/ or
where?

please help newbie.

Regards,

Krista