[opencms-dev] opencms5.0.1 and tomcat5.0.19

Guillermo Castro gcastro at javageekonline.com
Sat Feb 28 23:02:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I installed opencms 5.0.1 on my tomcat 5.0.19 installation and the
editor isn't working. It seems that it is conflicting with tomcat's
xerces2 jar, since opencms is compiled with xerces1.4.4

I've searched the mailing lists and it seems you already know of the
issue, and there's even some solutions out there (other than installing
tomcat4).

Now, do you have an idea on when will opencms support tomcat 5? since
that's the latest release for tomcat, and since the solution seems
simple, I don't see why you can't upgrade opencms to xerces2.

Well, I hope I'm not opening a can full of worms here :)

Greetings.

--
Guillermo Castro              Monterrey NL, Mexico
gcastro at javageekonline.com    http://www.javageek.org/