[opencms-dev] Installation Problem: Server configuration denies access to data source

Rafael Diaz Valdes Rafael.Diaz.Valdes at cern.ch
Mon Mar 1 20:09:02 CET 2004

 Hi, Petr
 Thanks for your replay Petr, I'll be so glad if you can help me.
I haven't configured access for root user. I have only assigned a password to root accounts using:

shell> mysqladmin -u root password "newpwd"
shell> mysqladmin -u root -h host_name password "newpwd"

Also I check the root grants doing:

[root at pcepaip30 local]# mysql -u root -h localhost -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 20 to server version: 4.1.1-alpha-standard-log

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR root at localhost;
| Grants for root at localhost                                                                                     |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '3dcfe44136403ab8' WITH GRANT OPTION |
1 row in set (0.10 sec)

Should I put a my.cnf into the /etc directory or not?

Thanks in advance

 Rafael