[opencms-dev] bug in opencms-lucene module - when the DB is case sensitive

Ernesto De Santis ernesto.desantis at colaborativa.net
Tue Mar 2 21:18:01 CET 2004

Hello

We found a bug in the opencms-lucene module. When reading several properties from the OpenCms VFS, the module is using lowercase hardcoded strings and Opencms defines constants with uppercase. This is causing the related fields to be indexed with null values

The bug is in this three if sentences in BodylessDocument, method Document.

if((title = cmso.readProperty(absPath, "title")) != null) {
    doc.add(Field.Text(FIELD_TITLE, title));
    doc.add(Field.UnStored(FIELD_BULK, title));
}
if((description = cmso.readProperty(absPath, "description")) != null) {
    doc.add(Field.Text(FIELD_DESC, description));
    doc.add(Field.UnStored(FIELD_BULK, description));
}
if((keywords = cmso.readProperty(absPath, "keywords")) != null) {
    doc.add(Field.Text(FIELD_KEYWORDS, keywords));
    doc.add(Field.UnStored(FIELD_BULK, keywords));
}

and OpenCms in I_CmsConstants interface, define:
static final String C_PROPERTY_TITLE = "Title"; //Note: "Title"

The best practice is to use the same constants, and we shall be happy. ;-)

Need change to: I_CmsConstants.C_PROPERTY_TITLE, I_CmsConstants.C_PROPERTY_DESCRIPTION, I_CmsConstants.C_PROPERTY_KEYWORDS

Bye
Ernesto.

colaborativa.net
Rosario - Argentina