[opencms-dev] HELP!!! OpenCms with DataSources access instead of CmsPool doens´t work

Salvador Santander Gutierrez salvador.santander.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Thu Mar 4 10:53:01 CET 2004

We've replaced all the DriverManager.getConnections with a getConnection
from a datasource to allow the server manage the connections pool and avoid
a deadlock problem in the CmsPool code.
The problem is taht OpenCms doesn´t work. When we try to login in OpenCms, a
null exception appears in the method getSiteRoot() of CmsObject.
The code of get connections from the datasource works well, and we don´t
know why this solution doesn´t work.
We've using OpenCms 5 RC2, Oracle 9i and the last Oracle iAS (OC4J) as web
server.
Any idea? Anybody has made this and can tell us the solution?
Thanks very much.