[opencms-dev] Module Publish event class and I_CmsEventListener

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Fri Mar 5 10:33:01 CET 2004

Hi List,

> Yes. You also need to register your class to the event mechanism,
> please check e.g. the com.opencms.flex.cache.CmsFlexCache class as a
> more advanced example of how to handle the events.

this works very fine, we did a lit of work with this. Only some more
Events will be very useful. For example when Opencms throws an Event when
a new Resource was uploaded to a special Folder. We tried to implement
this via a Folder-Property "throwEventOnUpload=true". But rwe failed to
integrate it useful into Opencms. Not enough time to do this in a good
"manner" :-(
> Right. There is an interface "com.oepncms.defaults.I_CmsLifeCycle", but
> a moderate way to describe the OpenCms 5 module base API is "it can be
> much improved".

this interface includes only methods startUp() and shutdown() not the
other ones like methodParamWasUpdated, ... So this isn`t needed, is it?
As i wrote we implement a module, which is able to make some things like
create new Users, create Cron,s create Groups, create Tables and insert
SWl into Tables. Actually it`s in implementation phase. This is possible
over  XML-XSD Files. It looks like this:
<moduleconfig>
 <createUser>
  <username>test</username>
  .... more params...
 </createUser>
</moduleconfig>

and so on...

This work can be integrated into the new Module-mechanism i hope. But the
new mechanism must be compatible with the old one i think. Most module
Author`s wont rewrite their done work.
Bye

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG