AW: - Re: [opencms-dev] Search on static/exported content: looking for a solution

Thomas Hartwig TH at ivu.de
Fri Mar 12 11:57:02 CET 2004

Thanks for your fast reply,

but I'am not sure if I had explained clearly enough what we have to do.

We realize a two phase opencms framework project for a principal.

He can use this framework within opencms to fullfill special prepared html
structure
in the first phase called design phase.
If this work was finished one have to publish/export all marked project
files.
These files are 'deployed' to the runtime environment controlled by an pur
apache server.

This apache is the official access point to the principal's sites called
public phase
and handles exclusive static files.
On this sites one can search for html content on static files too. Because of
the limited functionality of a pure apache web server there can't be any
dynamic in search modules except cgi. But online search must be a little bit
dynamic in any way.

We had the idea that we could use lucene during design phase to index all
marked for export html files in such a way that indexing happens on the
filesystem (export path?) during publishing/export.
In the public phase we have to use some lucene based cgi scrips to run online
search based upon this search indexes.

So I my question was if lucene covers this special case.

Sorry because of my long text but I can't waste my time with unhopefully
evaluations at the moment.

Special Thanks, Tom