[opencms-dev] Backup complete OC-structure

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Mon Mar 15 12:40:02 CET 2004

If you can afford a minor stop of the service you can halt the
application (or tomcat), dump the database using  whatever tools you
have for it - e.g. mysqlhotcopy if you run MySQL and wrap up the
appropriate web-app dir. The database dump along with the web-app dir
gives all you need.
The app must be stopped to ensure a consistent backup such that the db
and the web-app dir shares the same view of the world (not sure if the
built-in export actually guarantees that on a running application -
haven't looked into it).