[opencms-dev] possible bug in genericsql/cmsdbaccess.java causes export problems?

Geoff Winkless opencms at geoff.dj
Mon Mar 15 16:45:02 CET 2004

I found an error which kept cropping up when I published files.

After much (much!) tracing I found what I think is a bug: it may be that
this only creates a problem with MS SQL and(/or) the MS JDBC driver, but
it seems that because there's nothing returned from the query the
executeQuery() call fails, so the function throws an exception.

In this particular case the calling process was the export routine,
which interpreted the exception as meaning that the file no longer
exists - so you get a message stating as much and it doesn't export the
file.

Anyway, here's my patch. Please let me know if I've misunderstood and
I'm likely to have broken something!

Cheers

Geoff

/src/com/opencms/file/genericSql/CmsDbAccess.java

10582c10582
<                 statementProp.executeQuery();
---