[opencms-dev] Navigation Pages and Static Export

Andrew Kerr akerr at fluid.com
Thu Mar 18 17:12:01 CET 2004

Hi all,

This has been asked several times on the mailing list, but I haven't
seen a really good answer to the problem yet.

I have a JSP that generates a navigation for pages in a subfolder.  For
performance reasons, the file is statically exported.

Unfortunately, the navigation JSP page does not get republished when one
of the content pages has changed.  My first thought was to simply to
have the content editor user touch the navigation JSP after making their
changes, in order to ensure that it gets published.  However, the user
does not have access to the JSP, becausethe user isn't an Administrator.

Is there any way to do *any* of the following in OpenCMS?

- Grant access to a JSP to a non-administrator.
- Configure a navigation JSP so that it is automatically republished
when another folder/set of files is changed.

Any solutions would be welcome - we simply can't give the content
editors full admin access.

Best regards,
Andrew Kerr