[opencms-dev] Differences in speed between offline and online version?

arpeggio at gmx.de arpeggio at gmx.de
Fri Mar 19 11:02:05 CET 2004

Dear Jose Antonio,

thanks for your quick answer!

Jose Antonio Morillas Sanchez wrote:
> You can 'export statically' the contents of your web application using the
> corresponding icon in the administration view.
> Then, the online version will be faster than the offline one.

I was aware of the possibility to export content statically.

But I still wonder, why offline is faster than online. Where ist the
difference? I use jsp-Templates and these files are exported to the file-system
anyway (they need to be compiled in order to enable Tomcat to use them; they
reside in the offline and online-folder).

So where is the technical/architectural reason for offline beeing faster
than online? Is it may be the session-management?

Any help highly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Arpeggio