[opencms-dev] Changing files in Online project

Jörg Herbst herbst at getit.de
Fri Mar 19 13:25:02 CET 2004

Hi,

I've got some problems with the element cache or some other buffer in
the online project. I've made some modification  to the OpenCms core, to
change pages in the online project through a background process. After
getting write access to the online project everthing works fine, I can
call my methods and my pagesin the only project is changed as I want. At
least in the database (checking "cms_online_files" via SQL) everything
seems to be fine, but when I call the page with my webbrowser, I still
see the old version (without my changes).
I've already tried clearing the FlexCache with the backoffice mask or
calling CmsObject.getOnlineElementCache().clearCache() to clear the
element cache, both without any effect. Only stopping and starting
Tomcat seems to work.
What do I have to do, to get my new version from the online project? Has
anybody had similar experiences or does anybody know, where OpenCms
stores the online pages (accept the database ;-) )

Thanks
Joerg