[opencms-dev] [New] Opencms Encoding Errors in Red Hat

Rick Cruz rick at pbxinfo.com
Sun Mar 21 04:29:01 CET 2004

Hopefully this is a simple fix, I'm trying to get openCMS up and running but can't seem to tackle the problem of encoding. I can't get my default encoding set to iso-5589-1.

I have tried this thread:

Nothing yet

and I can't seem to get the message search feature working.

My Operating System is Red Hat 9

RE:

"In case that your Java Virtual Machine uses a different encoding from
your OpenCMS encoding style, you need to change the encoding style of
your Java virtual machine. You do this by adding the environment
variable CATALINA_OPTS with the value =93-Dfile.encoding=3DISO-8859-1=94 =
in
your system. Restarting Tomcat / Webserver and accessing the setup
webpage again.

Cheers,
Ralf"

How do you do this in a Linux environment?

I tried

ln -s CATALINA_OPTS=93-Dfile.encoding=3DISO-8859-1=94= and some other variations I found in message.  Am I using the right command?

Thanks,

Rick C.