[opencms-dev] News module date deffinitions

Salvador Santander Gutierrez salvador.santander.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Mon Mar 22 12:40:02 CET 2004

This error is caused by the calender applet. You must to edit the workplace.properties and change the following paramteres to the correct date format, in my case( spain):

com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.inDateFormat=dd-MM-yyyy
com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y 00:00
com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outStartDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y 00:00
com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outEndDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y 00:00

If you donĀ“t know the format of the date that applet need, you can make a jsp page with this code:

<%@ page session="false" %>

<%@ page import="com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.*" %>

<%
    out.println("Date format: " + NewsContentDefinition.date2shortString(new GregorianCalendar()));

%>

I hope helps you.