[opencms-dev] It's not just /opencms/opencms/...

Thomas Gagné tgagne at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 22 22:07:01 CET 2004

It's not just /opencms/opencms/ I want to get rid of.  I'd like to get
rid of the whole /opencms/opencms/system/modules/.

For instance, I've a module gagne.tgagne with a main.jsp which is the
starting page.  The URL I'd like them to see would be
http://myhostname/cmss/main.jsp.  One of the problems is what to use for
a home link (ever template needs a home link).  From what I can tell it
can't be absolute or relative to opencms, or use <cms:link/> because
they will insist on generating
/opencms/opencms/system/modules/gagne.tgagne/... which does me no good.

One thing, perhaps, that I don't understand is how to use those
directories immediately beneath /opencms/opencms/.  How do I add those
to a module so they export/import together, and how do I make sure that
classes/resources/templates used therein use the stuff from my module?
Perhaps I've too much stuff in my module and need to move it to another
directory?  How can I add that directory to my module though, as well as
miscellanous icons, external links, and stuff from the galleries?

--
.tom
remove email address' dashes for replies