[opencms-dev] Allowing Project Manager to empty Flex Cache

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Mar 23 16:12:01 CET 2004

Andrew

> >You will have to change the code of the FlexCache for this.
> Even if you
> >can enable icon for other groups, the FlexCache core classes require
> >that you are have Admin permissions.
> >

> Thanks for your reply, Alex.  I'm wondering if there's any way to
> control the FlexCache from a servlet that isn't running in
> the OpenCMS
> web application?

None that I know of that is easily implemented.
For example, this is the method that clears all the cache after an Event is
catched:

    private void clear(CmsObject cms) {
        if (! isEnabled()) {
            return;
        }
        if (! isAdmin(cms)) {
            return;
        }
        if (DEBUG > 0) {
            System.err.println("FlexCache: Clearing complete cache");
        }
        clear();
    }

As you can see, Admin permissions are required even at that level.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts