[opencms-dev] keeping ../galleries/pics/.. from urls

Thomas Gagné tgagne at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 25 03:20:02 CET 2004

I kinda like the way image galleries and external links work--especially
external links.  However, I don't want all those big long URLs to be
exposed to my users.  I created a /tgagne/ folder and thought I might
create a link to the image galleries.

I don't feel like I'm being clear.

OpenCMS applications seem to have files scattered all over the place.
In /system/modules/modulename/*, in /system/galleries/externallinks/*,
/system/galleries/pics/*, and in /* folders.  I'd prefer not to expose
any of these navigational points to users.  Routing them all through a
single entry point (like /tgagne in my case) presents a convenient point
to handle reverse proxying:

ProxyPass   /tgagne/   http://localhost:8082:/opencms/opencms/tgagne/

What says everybody?  What are the best practics for large projects?

--
.tom
remove email address' dashes for replies