[opencms-dev] Modifying WebUsers

Frederik Weber mail at frederik.de
Fri Mar 26 09:27:01 CET 2004

Hi there,

after wasting a lot of time I hope to get some help from you guys at the
mailinglist.
I have implemented a portal with some personalized features. Users can
create a login/password and need to provide some data which is stored in
the AdditionalInfo-hash. This works all fine.
Now, I started implementing a change-my-data-JSP to give the user the
ability to update their data. This works fine, too. BUT: The only thing
that does not work is changing a (already logged in) webuser's password.

Neither the
     CmsUser.setPassword("newpass"); cmso.writeWebUser(cms.user("name"));
nor the
     CmsObject.setPassword(cms.user("name"),"newpass");
works.
No Exception is thrown although I explicitly tried to catch one and no
further error messages appear.

Now my question: has anybody ever implemented such a feature? Are
WebUsers normally allowed to set/change their password by themselves?

Still searching for the truth out there...
Frederik