[opencms-dev] HTTP 404 . . . /system/workplace/action/index.html is not available

greg opencms gregsopencms at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:27:01 CEST 2004

Thanks Thomas for your response,

I have made the replacement you suggested to the "index" file (understanding
the path you mentioned, "/system/login/index", as
"<tomcat_home>/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/ocsetup/vfs/system/login/index").

Given that the problem was sporadic, I guess I can only keep using OpenCms
and wait and see if the problem returns.

But I'm not optimistic because I don't think I've correctly made the change
you suggested.  I.e., even after restarting Tomcat, the source of the login
page remains unchanged.

The index file (at the path above) now reads:

<!-- The line below commented out by Greg, 2004.03.30 15:32 -->
<!--<form action="]]><LINK>index.html?login=true</LINK><![CDATA["
method="post" name="LOGIN">
-->
<form
action="http://our.host:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html?login=true"
        method="post" name="LOGIN">
<!-- The line above added by Greg, 2004.03.30 15:32 -->

(with "our.host" replaced), but upon browing to the login page and revealing
its source, I get just:

<form action="/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html?login=true"
method="post" name="LOGIN">

So my question for you now is: have I changed the right file?

Thanks again for your help.  It's great to know there there others who can
help me get my installation of OpenCms through its teething stage.

Regards,

Greg.

"greg opencms" <gregsopencms at hotmail.com> writes:

>Has anyone encountered this problem ?

Yes.

>Has anyone got an idea how I can fix this ?e got an idea how I can fix
>this ?

Change
  <form action="]]><LINK>index.html?login=true</LINK><![CDATA["method="post"
name="LOGIN">
  <form
action="http://your.host:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login/index.html?login=true"
        method="post" name="LOGIN">
in the file /system/login/index

If this doesn't help, send the complete URL of the requested resource,
I guess it's something like ...:8080/export/opencms/...

HTH