[opencms-dev] Create Admin Module

Eke, Kemi Kemi.Eke at community-fund.org.uk
Thu Apr 1 11:58:01 CEST 2004

Hi Darin

I've been working on creating my own admin module and have come across the
same problem, but I've found a "dirty fix".  Presuming you are working in
the en_workspace, you can add your icon strapline to the
workplace.properties file found in the help directory, so for instance in a
windows install of opencms, you'll find that file in

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\classes\org\opencms\help

Open up this workplace properties, (I know it's a bit of a kludge because I
can't find any file in the fat binary install that has all the other
icon.xxx names in it bar manifest.xml) and simply place your title in this.
So if you have a folder in /system/workplace/administration called darin,
then the properties could be:

NavPos: -400
NavText: icon.darin
Title: ic_darin
visiblemethod:com.opencms.workplace.CmsWorkplaceDefault.isAdmin

In the workplace properties file in the location described above simply add

icon.darin=My Module

Should appear on reboot of OpenCms

HTH

Kind Regards