[opencms-dev] CLI for VFS or even better ant tasks for OpenCMS

Christian Pöcher Poecher at gmx.net
Thu Apr 1 16:56:01 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm doing a typical 3-tier application which should run from OpenCMS.
Deploying a new version of my application is always a pain in the butt, as
have to login to OpenCMS manually, navigate into my module, lock my .jar and
replace it. After that I have to restart the webapp containing this OpenCMS
instance. This takes lots of time, so I am looking for a easier way to do
this. Therefore the following questions:

* Is there a way to manipulate the VFS via commandline interface?
* Is there an ant task to automatically deploy my code into OpenCMS?
* Is there a way to get Tomcat to reload the replaced jar without restarting
the whole webapp?

TIA, chris
--
First transmission from NASA lander Spirit:
"Uuuulaaa!"