[opencms-dev] CLI for VFS or even better ant tasks for OpenCMS

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Thu Apr 1 17:37:00 CEST 2004

>* Is there a way to get Tomcat to reload the replaced jar without
restarting
>the whole webapp?

Yes there is. You can configure Tomcat to reload classes and jars if they
are replaced in the actual file system. (Opencms just tries to create
facade of running things from the vfs, you can change things on the file
system and they won't be replaced so long as the files don't get
republished)

>From memory:-
 when you define the servlet context of opencms you set an attribute
reloadAble=true (in servlet.xml or you can do it in seperate files for each
context - depends on the version of Tomcat i think)
 Apparently it has performance implications...

From:  Christian Pöcher <Poecher at gmx.net>@opencms.org  on 01/04/2004 16:55
       ZE2

Please respond to opencms-dev at opencms.org

Sent by:    opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org

 To:    <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

 cc:

 Subjec [opencms-dev] CLI for VFS or even
 t:     better ant tasks for OpenCMS

Hi there,

I'm doing a typical 3-tier application which should run from OpenCMS.
Deploying a new version of my application is always a pain in the butt, as
have to login to OpenCMS manually, navigate into my module, lock my .jar
and
replace it. After that I have to restart the webapp containing this OpenCMS
instance. This takes lots of time, so I am looking for a easier way to do
this. Therefore the following questions:

* Is there a way to manipulate the VFS via commandline interface?
* Is there an ant task to automatically deploy my code into OpenCMS?
* Is there a way to get Tomcat to reload the replaced jar without
restarting
the whole webapp?

TIA, chris
--
First transmission from NASA lander Spirit:
"Uuuulaaa!"