[opencms-dev] flex/jsp setContentType problems

Geoff Winkless opencms at geoff.dj
Mon Apr 5 12:42:01 CEST 2004

Hi

Using OpenCMS 5.0.1 (the release version)

We were having some issues (translation: it doesn't work ;-]) with
response.setContentType() and (reading the source) I find that the
actual work of the function is commented out:

  public void setContentType(String type) {
        if (DEBUG) System.err.println("FlexResponse: setContentType("
+type + ") called");
        // TODO: Check setContentType() implementation
        // If this is not the "Top-Level" element ignore all settings of
content type
        // If this is not done an included JSP could reset the type with
some unwanted defaults
        if (! m_isTopElement) return;
        /*
        if (type != null) {
            // ensure that the encoding set by OpenCms is not
overwritten by the default form the JSP
            type = type.toLowerCase();
            int i = type.indexOf("charset");
            if (type.startsWith("text") && (i > 0)) {
                StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
                buf.append(type.substring(0, i));
                buf.append("charset=");
                buf.append(m_encoding);
                type = new String(buf);
                if (DEBUG) System.err.println("FlexResponse:
setContentType() changed type to " +type);
            }
        }
        m_res.setContentType(type);
        */
    }

Is this code commented out because it's known not to work or because
it's not known to work?

I've got around it for now by using setHeader("Content-type", str),
should anyone be searching the archives for the same problem.

Thanks

Geoff