[opencms-dev] Further information for my bachelor thesis

Hartmann, Waehrisch & Feykes GmbH hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Thu Apr 8 11:35:01 CEST 2004

Version 2 of the document seems to be correct:
<snip>
OpenCms is based on ideas and software developed and deployed since 1994.
The first versions of OpenCms were developed by Alexander Kandzior while
working for BKM Online medien GmbH between 1994 and 1998. These were called
Mht (Meta - Hyper - Text), and were not released as Open Source. BKM Online
merged 1998 to become mindfact interactive medien AG. Since the core
business of mindfact was to be a professional internet consultancy and not a
software development company, they decided to publish the next version of
Mht as Open Source. OpenCms was chosen as name for the Open Source project.
The first open source release of OpenCms was issued March 2000. Since then,
OpenCms has been continuosly developed as an Open Source project managed by
the OpenCms Group. One of the main supporters of the project has been
Framfab, which acquired mindfact in the beginning of 2000. Alexander
Kandzior is still supporting OpenCms as a developer and as chairman of the
OpenCms group.
</snip>

I am using OpenCms since its release to the Open Source and this text was
also on earlier versions of the opencms homepage.

Bye,
Stephan