[opencms-dev] MySQL Database Problem

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Mon Apr 12 17:28:02 CEST 2004

It might be that opencms is denied because it tries to connect with the
hostname or ip of your external interface as source. you can verify this if
you try to log in via console but specify explicitely localhost as database
host name, for example:
mysql --user=opencms -p -h localhost opencms

If this is the case you'll have to allow connections from your external
hostname by adding it to the host table in the mysql database.
You must do a
mysqladmin reload
to make changes work.

Bye,