[opencms-dev] OpenCms 5 on WebLogic 8.1 and Oracle 9i

Indy Very indy77 at ameritech.net
Thu Apr 15 00:35:02 CEST 2004

Hello list members,

I've installed OpenCms successfully using Tomcat and MySql, but I was wondering if anyone has had success installing it in an environment using WLS 8.1 (SP2, to be exact.)

I'd like to recommend it at work, but so far on my test server I get it to 'run' on WLS 8.1 SP2 with Oracle 9i as the backend (on Windows 2000), I can login as the Admin, can import a module from my Tomcat/MySql instance, etc., but anytime I try to preview (click on the link of a page under my /bodies folder of my imported module), I get an error saying that /opencms/_mypath_/index.jsp.jsp not found.

I have a question - when that error arises, is the /opencms at the beginning of it related to the webapp named 'opencms' or the servlet named 'opencms'?

I've seen a number of posts about getting opencms to run on WebLogic over the last year, but none of them seem to be answered with a successful way of getting this to work.

If anyone has done this, I think many in this community could benefit from your advice, and it would promote OpenCms so that it can continue to thrive.  Please take the time to help if you can.

Btw, I did see some posts back in 2001 on the mail list archives that mentioned some 'installWithBEA.txt' file that must have been useful with WLS 6.1, but I haven't found anything with the 5.0 distro that is BEA-specific.  Would love to find this information and recommend OpenCms to the 'powers that be'.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Indy