[opencms-dev] Opencms version 6 stability

Thomas M�rz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Mon Apr 19 20:09:01 CEST 2004

,----[ http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009363.html ]
`----

http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/shownews.html?id=349

> We are just beginning to use Opencms and would prefer to learn the
> future instead of the past?

I'd use the CVS Head. I've experienced a great performance increase in
the publishing task. And maybe the "Build-in support for full text
search in HTML, PDF, Word and Excel (based on Apache Lucene)" is also
already working.

As said already, I'd give it a try, if you are new to OpenCms you have
to get it to know anyway.

Although you will some problems getting help from
the mailing list.

> Does anyone have favorable experiences with version 6 in production?

Because I don't know how many people are already using the CVS Head in
production resp. examining the version deeply. I didn't have a new
project and didn't have the time to upgrade.