[opencms-dev] Launchers, Loaders, Resource Types in version 6

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Apr 21 22:19:01 CEST 2004

I've been looking through the CVS tree trying to understand how the
OpenCms 5 concepts of Launchers and Loaders will map to the version 6
code. Can anyone help me with this?

It appears that launchers are gone. Is that right? Are loaders now the
correct replacement? In 5, to get things working in both the XML
Template and JSP worlds, both interfaces had to be implemented. And, as
far as I could tell, the I_CmsLauncher interface had to be implemented
in order to use the <launcherType/> in the registry. How will that work
in 6?

Also, what is going to happen with ResourceTypes and Content
Definitions. Once I figured it out, I really liked the Resource Type
mechanism. But because it was all scoped to the package level, it was
hard to use. Will that be more open?

Thanks,

Matt