[opencms-dev] [ANN] Calendar Module now available on sourceforge.net

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Thu Apr 22 19:12:01 CEST 2004

Hi Rene,

> Achim is correct that the module is only usable for version 5.0.x. This
>  doesn't mean that when 6.0 is released or stable that this project
> can't be updated. It is up to the community to figure out what features
>  are needed and what needs to be updated.

surely they can, but actually only a few do.

> Open Source projects are meant to have developers work together on a
> common goal. Sharing ideas and code benefits the community as whole. If
>  you use it and improve it, give it back to the community. Everyone
> benefits. This is very idea of open source development and the GPL.

That`s absolutely correct, nothing to say against. Im not sure if you
think you should flame me, but it seems to. Nevertheless this then should
be a private thing, shouldnt it?
We followed the deelopment from Opencms now since version 4.4 (not so
long, sure) and in this time we remarked that there are lot of companies
how works with Opencms and none of them gives a bit back to the whole
community.
I got hundreds of mails with questions and responded lot of times to each
of them. We built this Forum as Knowledgebase. But we never got a donate
or anything else. So my Boss decided correctly that it`s better to make
the new  modules lot priced.
That`s the decision and i think it`s a good one if the modules are so
lowpriced. If no onw buys them, no one will develop more features for it.Opensource is a very fine thing as long as the community works.

Just my opinion to your statement.

Kind Regards

Joachim Arrasz

--