[opencms-dev] Problems with OpenCMS 5.3.4 and templates

Jeff Greer jgreer at fdusa.com
Fri Apr 23 22:56:01 CEST 2004

Below is what the control code looks like after creating a new page.

<!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "/system/shared/page.dtd">
<page>
  <elements/>
</page>

Below is what the control code looks like after editing the new page.

<!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "/system/shared/page.dtd">
<page>
  <elements>
    <element name="body" language="en">
      <links/>
      <content/>
    </element>
    <element language="en" enabled="true">
      <links/>
      <content><![CDATA[some data here]]></content>
    </element>
  </elements>
</page>

Below is my hand edited version of the control code that works.

<!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "/system/shared/page.dtd">
<page>
  <elements>
    <element name="body" language="en" enabled="true">
      <links/>
      <content><![CDATA[Content coming soon]]></content>
    </element>
  </elements>
</page>

Below is the control code after using the editor to modify the page after making the page work by hand editing the
control code.

<!DOCTYPE page SYSTEM "/system/shared/page.dtd">

<page>
  <elements>
    <element name="body" language="en" enabled="true">
      <links/>
      <content><![CDATA[Content coming soon]]></content>
    </element>
    <element language="en" enabled="true">
      <links/>
      <content><![CDATA[Modified Content coming soon]]></content>
    </element>
  </elements>
</page>

As can be seen above the original content is kept in a well formed element while the new content gets saved in a
second poorly formed element.

: