[opencms-dev] Reuse of HTML snippets

Sergio Arias sarias at arsys.es
Tue Apr 27 18:59:01 CEST 2004

I was wandering if it's possible to have some HTML snippet that I can
include *in a simple manner* through several pages.
I thought HTML galleries will do the job, but for what I've seen it just
pastes the code into the content-page and there is no link or reference to
the snippet, so if I change it, the pages that I've used it in the past will
remain with the 'old' copy of the snippet.

I know I can always use an HTML file and include it using Java, but I'm
thinking in something that editors can manage in the administration console
(just like HTML galleries). And I don't think different similar templates
will do the job in the way I'm thinking of.
As I said, the non-programmatically-advanced editor should be able to grasp
the piece of code he want to and reference it from his page such that if
that piece of code change, the whole page will change.

Has OpenCMS something to have this done taht I missed? Could you think in an
easy way of making it?
--
Sergio Arias

Dpto. ProgramaciĆ³n General