[opencms-dev] Site from scratch

valter opencms at intersic.com.br
Wed Apr 28 20:50:01 CEST 2004

Hi people,

I got opencms up and running and have just tested editors, create modules, projects and soon.

To create a complete new site I imagine that I have to:

1) Create a complete new module, something like test.website
2) Create a site template in /system/modules/test.website/jsptemplates
3) Create a start page like index.html
4) Publish all these things

If steps above are corrects, then I have my website at

http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/modules/br.com.fastway.website/index.html

Now my questions:

1) How can I access these as http://www.mydomain.com:8080?
2) Each module is managed as an independent webapp or they are part of the same app?
3) Should I have to install one opencms per webapp?
4) Does OpenCms have structed content like blogs, faqs, forums? Or these things have to be written from scratch?

Really thanks for any help and directions.

Valter