[opencms-dev] News module: edit NewsChannels

Krista Alsti alsti at reaktor-i.com
Fri Apr 30 13:24:02 CEST 2004

Hello,

After solving my problems yesterday I have found new ones:

When trying to edit (as an admin) NewsChannel's channels (try to lock a
channel) I got this error:

NewsEditBackoffice: couldn?t
update![com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsChannelBackoffice] null

I can create new channels, but I can't edit them (only through database
which isn't very handy).

I try to search mail list archives and I found this:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q1/009205.html

I have changed user right in folder (and files in)
/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news/administration/channel/
for admin (owner and group r w v)

In table news_channel every lockstate have the value -1. (In the case this
gives you any valuable information?)

I don't have any problems when editing news. I guess something is wrong with
locks and I just can't find out what and why NewsChannelBackoffice gives me
null when trying to edit.

Some information:

news_module_2.0
OpenCMS / 5.0.1 Kaitain