[opencms-dev] Install problem: The requested resource () is not available

Jeremy Coleman jeremy.coleman at allaxia.com
Wed May 5 19:12:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm having problems getting opencms to work on redhat Linux 7.1, with
Mysql.

After successfully (*but see below) going through the /opencms/ocsetup
procedure, I'm getting an HTTP status 404 error (description: The
requested resource () is not available), when I try the
(/opencms/opencms) URL.

I did an almost identical install on another machine with Redhat 7.2,
and that works. Only minor differences in versions. 7.2 is one
processor, 7.1 is multi-processor.

The versions I'm using are:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2

Mysql is 3.23.36

I've noticed that one of the differences between the working
installation and this one is that the /opencms/WEB-INF/jsp directory
structure doesn't get created on this.

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Thx

PS:
(*) Actually, on redhat 7.1, with jdk 1.4.2 in default configuration,
the installation freezes, and I had to follow a suggestion given on a

$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security

Oldline:
securerandom.source=file:/dev/random

replace with:
securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom

The kernel I'm using is: Kernel 2.4.2-2smp on a 2-processor i686