[opencms-dev] OpenCMS is also Document Manger??

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Fri May 7 19:19:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I undertand that opencms is a cms. But i want that i can save files
> (Word, pdf, Excel.) with versions and it have categories. And, if is
> posible, we can search incide every document.

it`s possible to upload doc, pdf and other things. With Lucene Search
Module it`s also possible to search through theese Documents.
As i know it´s not possible to manage different versions from such
documents, because they were handled as binaries. But surely you can write
specialized DocumentTypes and then its possible.
Hope this helps

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG Karlsruhe

--