[opencms-dev] Scalability of OpenCms

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue May 18 08:03:01 CEST 2004

Dear Ivan,

thank you for your analysis.

Regarding the client performance of the Workplace web interface, we have
already optimized this in the current CVS 5.3.x version. The Folder tree is
not being fully loaded now, but only incrementally (i.e. the subfolders are
loded when you click on a folder). I'm not sure who much work it is to
transfer this back to 5.0.x.

The locking mechanism has also been speed up greatly, locking a large folder
structure should now be as fast as locking an individual file.

It would be great if you could mail me the detailed analysis you have
mentioned.

I am also interested in the customizations you have made regarding the
support of multiple sites.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior