[opencms-dev] Install on MS SQL Server and /opencms Prefix

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Tue May 18 10:19:42 CEST 2004

Hello,

Cory Syvenky wrote:

>Fellow CMS'ers,
>
>This is a two-part issue.
>
>(1) I've successfully installed OpenCms 5.0.1 (FAT) on Windows 2000 Server using MySQL with very little problems. However, I need to install it on MS SQL Server (we are trying to mirror our production server). The problem now is I can't get the OCSETUP wizard to use the Microsoft JDBC drivers. There has been a flurry of activity in the mail archies but nobody mentions how they got thru the install wizard successfully. I have downloaded and installed version 2.2.0022 from Microsoft, I have copied the 3 .jar files in my %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib directory. When I run the OCSETUP wizard and enter the details for our SQL Server, I'm left with the following error messages:
>
>"Error while loading driver: com.merant.datadirect.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceotion: com.merant.datadirect.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"

I overcomed this problem by stopping Tomcat, editing the file
/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties and setting the driver
to "com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" instead of
"com.merant.datadirect.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
After the changes i started again the OCSETUP wizard.

>This error is confusing seeing as I am using: "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://IPAddr:1433" as the connection string.
>
>Any windows users out there know the way out of this hole?
>
>(2) I was doing more digging in the mail archives to see if anybody has had success removing the /opencms prefix from their Windows/IIS installation. I know there is some Apache documentation using mod_proxy etc., this however doesn't apply to us. I did stroll across some postings regarding a PDF document by Bhavna Petel, the process seems to be straight forward, but there are other postings where users have claimed this does not work. Does it?
>
>Thanks,
>cS

Hope it helps,
Andras.