[opencms-dev] To the developers team

Salvador Santander Gutierrez ssantander at grupoiud.com
Wed May 19 10:57:00 CEST 2004

First, congratulations for your great work, I think OpenCMS is a great
product.But i have two questions to the developers team:

I heard in the OpenCMS news and this list that for the next version of
OpenCMS the old pool will be replaced with another pool based on the pool of
apache foundation.
Well, my questions are:
- Why not OpenCms uses the pool of the application server instead of use a
own pool? Creating a own pool is like "re-invent" the wheel, isnĀ“t it?

- To get (in a easy way) that OpenCMS work in any database, Why not to
implement the database access of OpenCMS in a persistence engine like
hibernate, wich can use its own pool or the application server pool?

Thanks in advance.