[opencms-dev] upgrading version of workplace while keeping content

Martin Kuba makub at ics.muni.cz
Wed May 19 12:30:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

I want to ask what is the best way to upgrade OpenCMS installation
of the CVS HEAD version while keeping already created content.
To be more precise, I have installation of 5.3.5 with the disabled
upload button in Mozilla and I want to upgrade to the latest
CVS version which has this problem fixed.

When I just replace the webapps/opencms/ directory and
keep the WEB-INF/conf/  subdirectory, I think that the
workplace stays the old version because it is in the database, right ?
And if I drop the database and do a fresh install, I will
lose all created content.
What is the right way of it ? I think that the OpenCMS core developers
must have the same situation quite often, don't they ?

Martin
Supercomputing Center Brno             Martin Kuba
Institute of Computer Science    email: makub at ics.muni.cz
Masaryk University             http://www.ics.muni.cz/~makub/
Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ     mobil: +420-603-533775