[opencms-dev] c:import (jstl) connection refused when importing external or internal url

Alex ! kingofkingston at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 13:15:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

On our Linux install of opencms I am using the jstl <c:import tag as
follows:

<%
        String theUrl = "http://localhost/opencms/opencms/test/test.xml";
//also tried with external url (which is what I want - to import - an xml
datafeed
        pageContext.setAttribute( "getUrl", theUrl );
%>

<c:import var="xmlCode" url="${getUrl}" />
<c:out value="${xmlCode}" escapeXml="true" />

However i get an exception :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Resource loader error in file
'/admin/uk/xmlimport.jsp'

Root cause:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Problem accessing the absolute URL
"http://localhost/opencms/opencms/test/test.xml". java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
etc...etc...

I have tried with an external url also, and the exception is the same but
the error message is different - says it cannot resolve the external url
(not even opencms.org!)

NOW.. funny thing the jsp works perfectly from my laptop which has an XP
install running.

My thinking is that it may be firewall settings on the linux box, i can
easily open up ports but I dont know which ports the jvm is trying to open
for the c:import ? I also have a firewall on my xp laptop but his is already
configured to open up certain ports for java processes.

Or am I missing some java library/jar?? (i dont think that is it though).

Can somebody please help, its driving me nuts!!!!

Cheers

Alex