[opencms-dev] (no subject)

Kavitha Rajamanickam kavitha_rajamanickam at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 20 06:12:01 CEST 2004

Hi

That may due to xerces.jar file.So pls do the following....

Replaced the 'xercesImpl.jar'  file in the location '..\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\common\endorsed' with 'xerces-1_4_4.jar' file in the location '..\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\lib'

Regards
Kavitha

Sankhla Ullas <ullasuec at iitr.ernet.in> wrote:
Dear all,
I am a new user of OpenCMS i have installed the latest version
while everything is working fine except that i cannot edit any page !!!!
which is really the purpose of this .

Whenever I lock the page and than click on edit page i get a long error

I have this as the root cause:

ROOT CAUSE:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.getEncoding()Ljava/lang/String;

plz help me out

thank you,
Ullas Sankhla