[opencms-dev] Using Eclipse to build openCMS

Michael Dickson mike.dickson at lexinomics.com
Tue May 25 18:26:01 CEST 2004

Hi all,

  First a quick note on OpenCMS.  I've started playing with it and have been really pleased and impressed so far.  The source code is sensible and straightforward.  I've been able to get a CVS checkout built and deployed and I like what's coming also.

  Now a comment.  I'm using MyEclipse's web development tools to build with (it has nice support for JSP development including deployment and debugging support).  MyEclipse will pre-compile jsp's and an error shows up with error.jsp in the setup code.  error.jsp is a jsp fragment but since it has a .jsp extension MyEclipse tries to precompile it and fails.  The JSP spec recommends using .jspf for fragment files and a quick change to make error.jsp be error.jspf (and a rename in the include statements) makes everything happy.

  Any chance this change could make it into the code base?

Mike
mike.dickson at lexinomics.com