[opencms-dev] Website access permissions gone weird

Cederic Van Herreweghe cedericvh at BRANTANO.COM
Fri May 28 16:03:00 CEST 2004

And you are sure that directory permissions are OK ?  Also the levels
above....

Kind regards,

Cederic

  _____

From: opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Olli Aro
Sent: vrijdag 28 mei 2004 15:36
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: [opencms-dev] Website access permissions gone weird

Hi all,

I am using OpenCMS to store some binary files (word documents and PDFs)
and have set access permissions to these files with opencms file
permissions (created an access group, set permissions for read for the
owner and group only for these files).

Now - I have a user, who is member in my access group and I am trying to
open files on my website by using the user account. However, opencms
denies access to files and declares in the log that my access group does
not have permission to access these files (even though the files are
owned by my access group and the group has read permission).

Anyone have any idea, what could be going wrong? I am sure I have
managed to use opencms this way before without any problems...

Thanks,

Olli

---