[opencms-dev] WebUser and WebUser administration

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Tue Jun 1 11:28:01 CEST 2004

Hi Alex,

I was just in the process of converting the user administration to Jsp. Has
anyone else started to do this? Are there any conventions that should be
followed? I notice that the old way was using one page, which specified
many different templates. For example, should one central jsp be used which
forwards the request to the different pages in the user administration? To
get a similar effect.

As far as I can workout the only 'integration' or awareness a page has to
have with the work place is to set where the help for the page can be
found.

thanks,

Mike.

From:  "Alexander Kandzior" <alex at opencms.org>@opencms.org  on 01/06/2004
       08:06 ZE2

Please respond to opencms-dev at opencms.org

Sent by:    opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org

 To:    <opencms-dev at opencms.org>

 cc:

 Subjec RE: [opencms-dev] WebUser and
 t:     WebUser administration

Marcus,

our current plans are to keep the "webuser" flag on the user table, but
either drop the additional table in the DB, or merge the additional table
with the normal users. The workplace administration screens for the users
will be rebuild (in JSP) and allow management of both user types with some
sort of switching mechanism.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior