[opencms-dev] Choosing modes: offline as well as online

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Mon Jun 7 22:36:02 CEST 2004

At -0400Monday 6/7/04 03:35 PM, Lakiasha Walker wrote:

>I have another issue to discuss. I have searched the mailing list archive
>for a way to add or adjust the "project" window to have both the online
>and offline projects. The online project is the only one that is
>available. Do you have any instructions that my Network person can follow
>to get those options correct? I can't get started with my web page until
>this feature is added.

Lakiasha,

         First, please address all requests for help regarding OpenCMS to
the mailing list because you are _much_ more likely to get help that way.
That list probably has hundreds of subscribers, some of whom know more than I.

         Second, I am not certain as to the nature of your problem. You
write that you want to "add or adjust the 'project' window to have both the
online and offline projects." I am not certain what that means. On my
installation of OpenCMS 5.0, I am able to choose either mode, online or
offline. See the attached screenshot indicating how to do that. Your
question seems to suggest that you are _not_ able to choose the offline
mode. Is that correct? If that is so, then I am uncertain as to what the
problem might be. Perhaps some aspect of the installation method that you
chose may be preventing you from choosing offline mode. Or perhaps you need
to re-configure your servlet container (e.g., Tomcat, Jetty).

         Third, please remember to download and install _all_ documentation
available from www.OpenCMS.org. The openCMS-dev mailing list has little
tolerance for those who do not read the available documentation.

         Good luck!

Sincerely,
Paul Bain