[opencms-dev] bug in opencmslucene module, cmsfile extensions are case sensitive.

Ernesto De Santis ernesto.desantis at colaborativa.net
Fri Jun 11 23:11:01 CEST 2004

Hi Matt

I found a bug in the module, the extensions are case sensitive. .pdf != .PDF
:(

My client have pdf´s with .pdf and .PDF extensions and the .PDF files are
not indexed.

My suggestion is pass to lower case the extension.

as following:

in
SearchParameters class:
method: private ArrayList getExtensionMappings(Element ele_plain)
line 545:
 extMap.addExtension(extText);
 ->
 extMap.addExtension(extText.toLowerCase());

and

SearchParameters class:
method: public I_FileDocumentFactory getFileDocumentFactory(CmsObject cmso,
CmsFile file) throws CmsException
line 235:
 return getFileDocumentFactory(file.getExtension(), (ArrayList)temp);
 ->
 return getFileDocumentFactory(file.getExtension().toLowerCase(),
(ArrayList)temp);

Bye
Ernesto.

---